of the government by maximizing revenues from available funds
and minimizing costs of financing whenever possible.
characterized by active duration management,
minimization of interest rate risks
and hedging of financial risks.
1. Deliver our services with excellence, professionalism, competitiveness and with a high degree of ethical standards in relations with clients, stakeholders, and the general public;
2. Comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations; and
3. Uphold continuous improvement through disciplined exercise of financial integrity and operational efficiency in our functions.
“Makabago, Maunlad at Mabisang Pamamahala ng Ingatang-yaman”
- Assist in the formulation of policies on borrowing, investment and capital market development;
- Formulate adequate operations guidelines for fiscal and financial policies;
- Assist in the preparation by government agencies concerned of an annual program for revenue and expenditure targets, borrowing levels and cash balances of National Government;
- Maintain books of accounts of the cash transactions;
- Manage the cash resources, collect taxes made by NG and guarantee forward cover fees due NG, control and service its public debt, both foreign or domestic;
- Issue, service, redeems government securities for the account of NG as may be authorized by the President pursuant to law;
- Administer the Securities Stabilization Fund by purchase and sale in the open market of government bills and bonds to increase the liquidity and stabilize the value of said securities in order to promote private investment in government securities;
- Act as principal custodian of financial assets of the NG, its agencies and instrumentalities;
- Bond all accountable public officials and employees pursuant to the provisions of the Public Bonding Law and issue appropriate guidelines therefore;
- Perform such other related functions as may be assigned to it by competent authorities.
- Certify allowable debt and guarantee.
- Manage contributions to the Bond Sinking Fund and the fund itself.
- Manage the Assurance Fund for the redemption of Land Reform Bonds.
- Manage the Agrarian Reform Fund.
- Offset from the budgetary support to GOCCs their corporate cash dividend under R.A. 7656, guarantee fees, advances for loans relent to GOCCs as well as for obligations which are guaranteed by the NG and other valid receivables of NG.
- Initiate legal proceedings for escheat of unclaimed balances in favor of the government.