To efficiently and effectively manage the financial resources
of the government by maximizing revenues from available funds
and minimizing costs of financing whenever possible.
To be a pro-active manager of the public funds
characterized by active duration management,
minimization of interest rate risks
and hedging of financial risks.
- We, the Bureau of the Treasury (BTr) commit to provide our clients and stakeholders with transparent, responsive, and cost efficient Treasury services by continually improving our quality management systems and adopting best practices in governance. We shall be steadfast in pursuing prudent and proactive management of financial resources and debt portfolio of the Government.
We adhere to:
- Deliver our services with excellence, professionalism, competitiveness and with a high degree of ethical standards in relations with clients, stakeholders, and the general public;
- Comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations; and
- Uphold continuous improvement through disciplined exercise of financial integrity and operational efficiency in our functions.
- We advocate a high standard of public service through pro-active quality culture in building economic progress and development, founded on empowered and skilled professionals.
- “Makabago, Maunlad at Mabisang Pamamahala ng Ingatang-yaman”
- Assist in the formulation of policies on borrowing, investment and capital market development;
- Formulate adequate operations guidelines for fiscal and financial policies;
- Assist in the preparation by government agencies concerned of an annual program for revenue and expenditure targets, borrowing levels and cash balances of National Government;
- Maintain books of accounts of the cash transactions;
- Manage the cash resources, collect taxes made by the National Government (NG) and guarantee forward cover fees due NG, control and service its public debt, both foreign or domestic;
- Issue, service, redeems government securities for the account of the National Government as may be authorized by the President pursuant to law;
- Administer the Securities Stabilization Fund by purchase and sale in the open market of government bills and bonds to increase the liquidity and stabilize the value of said securities in order to promote private investment in government securities;
- Act as principal custodian of financial assets of the National Government, its agencies and instrumentalities;
- Bond all accountable public officials and employees pursuant to the provisions of the Public Bonding Law and issue appropriate guidelines therefore;
- Perform such other related functions as may be assigned to it by competent authorities.
- Certify allowable debt and guarantee.
- Manage contributions to the Bond Sinking Fund and the fund itself.
- Manage the Assurance Fund for the redemption of Land Reform Bonds.
- Manage the Agrarian Reform Fund.
- Offset from the budgetary support to Government-Owned and Controlled Corporations (GOCCs) their corporate cash dividend under R.A. 7656, guarantee fees, advances for loans relent to GOCCs as well as for obligations which are guaranteed by the NG and other valid receivables of NG.
- Initiate legal proceedings for escheat of unclaimed balances in favor of the government.